Tuesday 31 January 2012

Expanding on the TFL idea


A series of sketches playing with the idea of manipulating the TFL logo in order to express different things about it. I like the idea of creating the logo using illustrations of familiar transport systems such as the tube, train and london buses. I also want to incorporate the Thames into the illustration as this is also being used by TFL now.

The second concept I had was to personify the TFL logo to express a more personal link with people in London. For example, manipulating the shape so that it resembles a man smiling or creating little caricatures of people working in London to imply a sense community through the way TFL links up London.

I'm actually really pleased with how the sketches turned out, I think they have a lot of potential and would be applicable to the real world in the form of some kind of advertising campaign. I will probably digitally illustrate them based off of the sketches but I might want to retain the playful style and comic like outlines to keep the design looking friendly and hand-crafted.

I came up with the tagline "CONNECTING LONDON" for these illustrations that could be featured in the posters. For the Olympics variation it could say something like "Connecting London 2012" for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment