Monday 23 January 2012

Experimenting with digital colouring

This is an experiment I did to test out ways of transferring hand-drawn images into digital form. The image was imported into Illustrator and using the 'live trace' tool I was able to make a digitalized version of the image that could be manipulated as a vector graphic. I found this tool to be really useful and even without tweaking with the settings the result is sharp and stylized. I think that if I drew something and made sure the lines were sharp and solid (instead of sketchy) this tool could recreate a hand-drawn image really well.

The colour was added by a combination of filling white areas that had been converted into shapes and drawing shaded areas with the pen tool that were just filled and set behind the black outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment