Wednesday 4 January 2012

Oscar Wilson


Oscar Wilson is a graphic designer in London who created a series of images for "visitlondon.com" to promote tourist attractions in London. I think the idea is really clever and after looking at his website I can see he's create his own unique style out of these typographic images. I like the bold use of colour and the playful nature of the design, again it has a hand-drawn feel like previous designs I've been looking at. I also like the thick black stroke that outlines these images as well as fills the background where there are gaps between the type. I think it's useful for keeping the shape more rigid and means the design can be placed on different backgrounds without it showing through and making the design illegible.

Additionally these designs tie in with the theme of this project as Oscar Wilson has taken objects that are every-day around London and made them extraordinary in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment