Wednesday 25 January 2012

Human Anatomy Illustrations and Diagrams

For my concept I want to be able to imagine living functions going on inside inanimate objects. I'm currently looking at images of human biology and seeing what types of diagrams I could recreate and how they're usually illustrated.

 I like the idea of designing one based on old biology diagrams like this one. Even though this image that was made in 1872 wasn't meant to be a work of art I do like the style. I like the subtle brown tinted colours and the general vintage look of the image. Cross sections are something I could recreate.

I'm quite interested in this style of illustration. I like the simple design and the thick black outlines. I think it's important to have the silhouette of the object so that the viewer knows what the insides I've imagined are based off of. I'm very interested in creating something using black and white illustration, as I like the contrast between the black and white areas, I think it makes for a really eye-catching image. However some I may choose to do in colour.

A series of illustrated human organs. This has given me ideas about how I could simplify something as complicated a human heart into a more stylized illustration. These have quite thick strokes which again is something I'm interested in using.

No comments:

Post a Comment